"Trekking The Tussock" New Zealand wool travel rug happy accident!
During the weaving process - FOUR Trekking the Tussock blankets were woven with the colours in different positioning. The result is a slightly lighter look on the original. We are secretly loving it. (maybe next year we will do a run in this way on purpose!)
But for now, if you purchase one of these blankets you will literally have one of only four ever made. Doesn't get much rarer than that. And it's lovely!
We are so happy to present the second of our ‘Adventure Awaits’ series… ‘Trekking the Tussock’.
A blanket designed for the great outdoors from which the inspiration came; ‘Trekking the Tussock’ is a nod to Otago’s breath-taking high country. We love spending time in this much photographed corner of New Zealand, admiring the mineral-rich Shotover River and wandering through the golden tussocks that ‘blanket’ the surrounding mountains…
This is a 150cm x 170cm fringed blanket offering next-level comfort factor and style while you take advantage of those breath-taking moments in your journey.
With a nod to outdoor blanket tradition, these blankets are fringed. And in keeping with the heritage of these blankets, they are finished off with our very own “Fresh Retro Love” embroidered label
As with all our Fresh Retro Love Collection blankets the first 50 of "Trekking the Tussock" to be purchased will have a "First 50" embroidered numbered label making it an even more treasured keepsake.
This is not just a blanket, it’s an heirloom, and an ideal blanket for the journey.
Are these refurbished blankets?
- No, these are an entirely new product – fresh off the production line.
What size are they?
- 150cm x 170cm – perfect as a picnic or wraparound blanket for both indoor AND outdoor adventures.
What are they made of?
- In order to bring you the softest lambswool possible, these blankets are created using the latest milling technology and are 100% Pure New Zealand Wool.
What are they like?
- This is a high-quality product made right here in New Zealand. The wool is fluffy, gentle, light, and clean, with all the benefits that come with wool as a product (along with that unmistakeable wool smell, which is pure comfort).
Am I supporting local?
- In purchasing this product, you are supporting a tonne of local. From the little lamby on the hill, to the farmer (and his dog), the shearers, the scourers, one of the last remaining mills in NZ... and us. You can polish that halo, because you are supporting THREE NZ industries: primary, manufacturing and innovation. How good?
How do I order?
- Click on the ‘Add to Cart’ link at the top of this page.
Thank-you for supporting local. Nothing beats the quality, heritage, and connection that comes from buying New Zealand wool.